St Ilija Macedonian Orthodox Church

Orthodox Church in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

The Macedonian church parish in Mississauga was founded in 1979. The first church building was located on 290 Derry Rd West. In 1997 the parish relocated to its Streetsville location, restoring and converting a former art gallery into a church. In 2000 the church fell victim to an arson attack and a large portion of the building was destroyed. After raising funds from the local parish community, the decision came forth to build a new church. Foundations were laid on a new location on September 7, 2002, and was completed in 2004. In the church there is a women’s auxiliary, a church choir, a Sunday school with Macedonian language classes, a senior citizens club as well as a folk dance group. Within the lower level of the church building there is a banquet hall. St. Ilija participates in annual cultural city events such as “Carassauga“ The church also owns “St. Ilija Macedonian Park”, a 18-acre (120,000 m2) located near Derry Rd & Hurontario St in Mississauga.

Listing Amenities

  • Car Parking
  • Elevator
1775 Bristol Rd W, Mississauga, ON L5M 2Y5

Opening Hours

Closed Now
9:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 1:00pm
9:00am - 1:00pm
July 20, 2024 7:56 am